Our guests love the Kale salad so much, it’s often the first one to run out and we have to make more. Here’s the recipe for a tangy, nutty, healthy favourite you can make and enjoy year-round. Especially if you grow your own in the garden. It’s tough to grow anything on Bimini island, so we have ours flown in from Florida.
- 4 big kale leaves
- 2 red cabbage or radicchio leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Roasted sunflower seeds to taste
- 1 heaped tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- Strip kale from stalks.
- Cut leaves into very thin slices
- Mix olive oil, parmesan, yeast flakes, Braggs, lemon juice. Toss with kale and let stand for a while. Mix in sunflower seeds just before serving.